If you have seen our short ‘Scott Tells Amanda He Wants to Be More Man’ and you are aware of the back-story, you will know we made it on the fly for a bit of fun and to be proactive as creative artists.
It was intended for Vimeo/ YouTube and a bit of entertainment for our friends on Facebook. Much to my shock, I have been approached to have it screened at short film nights- not once but twice!
Last Sunday it was shown at the Emperors’ New Shorts night held at the Ritzy Cinema, Brixton. The night is hosted by Michael O’Kelly and I suggest you take a look at his website called ‘Emperors’ New’ and comprises sections on film, words and a blog. The short film nights promise a great night out and a high caliber of interesting work.
Here is the feedback on our film STAHWTBMM (!) which is always great to receive:
- Good commentary on relationships! Script amusing – I love his under acting
- Really well acted and written. Loved It.
- Accurate, funny!
- Actors look nervous and uncomfortable
- Good dialogue
- A bit silly
- Nothing special
- Great observation of womenenen *that’s what it said*
- The story was really good and the statuses really clear. But the music wasn’t needed. It was too much.
- Too close to home
- Classic – Relationships never fail to interest – Good characters and dialogue
- OK. Could have been better.
- Actors needed more direction. Less mug acting.
Considering we improvised most of the dialogue, I edited it myself very quickly and crudely, the male ‘actor’ is my friend Tom who is actually a filmmaker/ editor… I’m pretty happy with the result!
It is further encouragement to actors and all creative artists to ‘get out there’, create your own work and develop your skills; you never know where it might lead.
Ps. You can watch the film on Vimeo by clicking here.