Facebook timeline rolls out this month (the 30th of March to be exact) for all existing business and company pages. If you own a page, be sure to get in ahead of the update and adjust your page to suit the new layout. This includes adding a cover photo, checking your profile photo size, going through old posts and featuring important ones- or hiding irrelevant ones. You may want to check over your settings and details.
If you are setting up a new page, you will automatically be set up on Timeline. These are the steps you will need to take.
1. Log into Facebook and go to www.facebook.com/pages/create.php
2. Select which page you want to set up. For this example, we will set up a ‘Company’ for ‘My Beauty Company’.
3. Follow the initial set-up steps. This includes adding your profile picture, adding your ‘About’ details and selecting your Facebook web address. You can skip these steps and come back later if need be.
4. You will then be taken to your admin panel on your page. You will be taken through a few more set-up steps. Take action now or skip until later. It’s a good idea to completely set up your page before you invite friends to like your page.
5. Timeline is more visual. Add your cover photo like the example below. This is a good opportunity to express more of your business’ personality and branding.
6. Click on ‘edit’ in the top right corner under the drop down menu ‘manage’. Here you can adjust settings like your username, page name, address, description, admins who can help manage the page, and more. You can also make your page ‘unpublished’ or hidden until you are ready to launch it publicly.
7. If you click on ‘Resources’ you will find helpful options to develop your page. You may want to link Facebook to Twitter.
8. Now you can go ahead and add some content. Add several posts before launching your page- so people have something to look at when they visit. First impressions count! You can click the star on your posts to feature them.
9. You can also ‘like’ other pages on Facebook on behalf of your page. You can add apps. It is also strongly recommended that you add a few photo albums to bring your page to life.
10. From here, you can link your Facebook page to your management tool like Hootsuite and integrate this new platform into your social media strategy.
Good luck and enjoy Facebook Timeline!
Fields marked with * are required fields.